BIO, NANO & NEUROTECH
“Stories about aging have traditionally focused on the need for graceful accommodation. The recommended solution to diminishing vigor and impending death was resignation coupled with an effort to achieve closure in practical affairs and personal relationships. Given that nothing could be done to prevent or retard aging, this focus made sense. Rather than fretting about the inevitable, one could aim for peace of mind. Today we face a different situation. While we still lack effective and acceptable means for slowing the aging process, we can identify research directions that might lead to the development of such means in the foreseeable future. “Deathist” stories and ideologies, which counsel passive acceptance, are no longer harmless sources of consolation. They are fatal barriers to urgently needed action.” Nick Bostrom
- Longevity FAQ - Nintil. Covers major longevity concepts and misconceptions.
- Fight Aging FAQ - Reason. Covers major longevity concepts and misconceptions.
- Longevity FAQ - Laura Deming. Covers main longevity concepts and misconceptions.
- Longevity Technology - Aaron King. An overview of the state of the art and major challenges in longevity.
- How to Cure Aging, What Are You Doing With Your Life? - Kurzgesagt. Explainer videos on aging.
- Your Life in Weeks, You’re at the tail end of your life - Tim Urban. Post that breaks down a human life into weeks, and breaks down time remaining into chunks of experiences to be had.
- Transhumanism and Healthy Life Extension, The Million Year Lifespan - Reason. On ambitious plans for human health extension.
- It Is Time To Classify Biological Aging as a Disease - NCBI. On the benefits of classifying aging as a disease, especially for FDA approval of aging drugs.
- A Systematized Roadmap for the Longevity Industry - Biogerontology Research Foundation.
- Biotech & Healthextension Focus - Foresight Institute. Recordings and seminar summaries of monthly seminars on longevity research, companies, funding.
- A Reimagined Research Strategy for Aging - SENS. Dated but still considered a good overview of main aging areas to solve.
- How to Start a Biotech Company in the Longevity Industry - Reason. Practical advice for entrepreneurs in the longevity space.
- A Nuanced Opposition to the FDA - Reason. Why the current FDA drug approval process is a major roadblock on advancing longevity progress.
- 100 Plus - How The Coming Age of Longevity will change everything - Sonia Arrison. Thematic overview of how major areas in our lives will be changed with increased healthspans.
- AI in Life-Extension: From Deep Learning to Superintelligence - Mikhail Batin et al. From near-term benefits of AI for longevity to potential futuristic implications of AI for longevity.
- Michael Lustgarten, BluePrint, SlowMyAge, Howisfelix.today - Personal longevity tracking and improvement blogs.
- Senescence.info - Website. Overview of the longevity field.
- Lifespan.io - Website. Explainers, news, roadmaps, and other resources.
- Creon’s Life Extension References - Creon Levit. Link list on life extension and diet.
- FightAging has an extensive list of funds, nonprofits and blogs of interest listed on the right-handside and is itself a great resource.
- Agingbiotechinfo - Karl Pfleger. Covers companies, conferences, diagnostics, resources, and more.
- Longevity List - Nathan Cheng. Newsletter and list on major longevity companies.
- Longevity Prize - VitaDAO & Foresight Institute. Awarding outstanding progress in longevity research — crowdsourced and curated by leading industry experts.
- Cambridge Working Group - “Works to address the risks of Potential Pandemic Pathogen research through promoting public understanding, risk assessment and regulation of such research.
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) - Develops and procures needed medical countermeasures (MCMs), including vaccines, therapeutics, diagnostics, and non-pharmaceutical countermeasures, against a broad array of public health emergencies in the US.
- Foresight Institute - Supports the beneficial development of high-impact technologies to make great futures more likely.
- Institute for Molecular Manufacturing - Conducting and catalyzing research on Atomically Precise Manufacturing.
- Zyvex Labs - Developing ‘Atomically Precise Manufacturing’ to create society-changing devices—devices in which control of the location of individual atoms at the single-lattice-site level yields unprecedented capabilities.
- Nectome - Our mission is to preserve your brain well enough to keep all its memories intact.
- Brain Preservation Foundation - A nonprofit research organization with the mission to promote scientific research and services development of whole brain preservation for long-term static storage.
- Kernel - At Kernel, our primary aim is to develop technologies to understand and treat neurological diseases in new and exciting ways.
- Neuralink - Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers.
- Carboncopies - Promoting R&D for Whole Brain Emulations.
- BRAIN Initiative - Produce a new dynamic picture of the brain that, for the first time, shows how individual cells and complex neural circuits interact.
- Human Connectome Project - Aims to provide an unparalleled compilation of neural data and an interface to graphically navigate this data.
- NeoSensory - Condenses decades of neuroscience research into a sleek wristband to deliver hearing solutions that are brand new, simple, and backed by science.
- OpenWater - Working on next generation Brain Computer Interfaces.
- Blackrock Neurotech - Blackrock Microsystems mission is to provide innovative tools and neurotech expertise to translate technology into novel, implantable clinical solutions that improve human lives.
- BCI Society - The purpose of the BCI Society is “to foster research leading to technologies that enable people to interact with the world through brain signals.”
- NeurotechX - A non-profit organization whose mission is to facilitate the advancement of neurotechnology by providing key resources and learning opportunities, and by being leaders in local and worldwide technological initiatives.
- OpenBCI - Creates open-source tools for biosensing and neuroscience.
- Comparison of Artificial Brain Projects - Dated overview of WBE projects.